Monday, June 16, 2014

Hey, everyone, Nevyn here.

For my Project Soapbox, I'd like to discuss the disturbing lack of technical information and education available to students across the country. "Technical" is a vague term, so I'll define it as anything having to do with modern technology of the 21st century. This includes computer programming, web design, etc. Many other nations teach very young students advanced forms of these skills, while we haven't even taught ours the basics.

My father is also upset with the education in Round Lake, however, his frustration with it is far more general. He believes that the curriculum of round lake schools is not up to par with that of other districts.


3 comments:

  1. I agree with you nevdaddy. This school should teach more about technology because later in the future everything will soon be done with technology. I mean look at the new watch they invented and the Google smart glasses. Those guys didn't learn everything in college. They probably had High school experience and then college experience. I suggest making a petition on making a new tech class. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree Nevyn that modern technology is not used in schools that much across the nation. We are living in a generation where technology is growing rapidly and some people are still clueless into how we use it. Technology is a good source for education and our generation should develop these skills for the near future. We as a school should raise money to have classes for programming or design. Also, our school should try to get enough laptops for students. It doesn't have to be fancy one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nevyn.
    I definitely agree with your father. The education in Round Lake is pretty low in comparison to the education at other districts. For example, when we go to other schools they look so fancy and it just gives students more motivation to keep going and learn. Or, for competitions the students there are really smart due to the resources and the level of education they receive.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.