Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hello all,

   An issue that my mother feels strongly about is that the schools are not in proper condition for the school community. She believes that the schools lack materials needed to develop activities. She also believes that the climate in the buildings are not appropriate since some rooms do not have air conditioning especially the old gym in the high school were students sweat and are active and serious incidents can occur due to the hot weather. The overcrowdedness of the high school is also a problem since students are not in a comfortable environment.

    If I may also add on to my mothers matter the food services in the schools are also a concern. This year there was a change in companies around the district promoting better food but as I see it that is not the case; I have found moldy bread during my lunch and not just once. But what bothers me the most not just in our community but in today society is that as technology advances so does peoples ambitions. Everywhere I go I see everyone even little kids who are barely going into school using electronics. Everyone has to have the latest device and no one can take their eyes off the screens of their tablets or phones not even for a second. This is not only bothersome but scary since it can be the difference between ones life especially in situations where people are on there phones while driving. It is amazing to see the countless of peoples who can not wait to update their statuses or reply a text message or a call. But what really annoys me is when I see children using these electronics. I remember how long I had to wait to get my first iPod or phone. Some might say this is jealousy but I would say those people don't understand that it takes responsibility for someone to take care of something so costly. A child can easily break it or ruin it as they get it all dirty playing with it with their dirty hands. Or by being careless and leaving it lying around just waiting for someone to step on it; some people just do not understand that they don't sell these at the dollar store. And if I may say it is not just the children's fault for asking for these electronics but its equally the parents fault who are willing to give it to them. It is amazing what a parent won't do in order to get their child to stop troubling them. Not only are they not helping their children by showing that they have power over them by giving them what they want but they are also ruining their healthy as more children are getting glasses at a younger age. Not only this but many are becoming lazy and would rather lay on their couch playing on their electronic than being active outside. These devices can also lead to problems as many have to share something that most kids are not willing to due resulting in countless disagreements.        


    

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the whole technological wave taking over the *world (for a lack of better word) concept you touched on. I guess there will always be positive and negative ideas that come with things. Yes technology is great and all but I do feel like its taking things away and it causes people to become more lazy I guess. It gets me mad when people let technology take over their life as you touched on the whole using the phone,ipod,etc while driving that has increased which does lead to dangerous situations. It's also sad to see less and less kids playing outside and being creative and imaginative and replacing that with computers and other electronics. But the whole technological wave is increasing and will just keep going on for a while and those things when such technology did not exist will slowly disappear and new things will appear which may be also good. I believe its all based on perspective some will reminisce about the old and others will embrace the new and see the positive things such as the things it has to offer. But there is a limit to things and that's where people have to be aware.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.