Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Community Thesis

I believe that  ­­­our bad reputation of the town as whole is the most important challenge facing my community. Round Lake being called "poor" or "ghetto" from other cities around us and even our own local residents is a significant challenge because we as Round Lake citizens do not stand up for what is being brought to us verbally. From my view, I see people talking about how Round Lake is a terrible place to live in; they talk around some of our citizens and they would also agree due to being embarrassed at saying the truth. I realize there are gangs and people in our community that serve into making this community a bad place to live in, but in a more broader scale our community is still in the process of rebuilding the community that once was flourishing with tourists. Our community is growing at a steady rate and there is still more time to improve. The village of Round Lake will not be going anywhere. To solve this challenge, I propose that we, the fellow citizens of Round Lake, take a stand and show how proud you are to be living in Round Lake. We can also try to participate in community and school events to show pride; as well as spiffing up Round Lake so it may look renewed. 





(Too much? Comments please. Criticism is allowed )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.