Hello I am Maria,
I would like to talk about the way we handle our money in this community. Here we have only one High School in our area. We are being faced with overpopulation in the high school. What really bugs me is that the government is spending money in the reparations of roads all over this community but they don't have the decency to build another high school in our area. They built a temporary road in Rollins RD that from what I see in the blueprints isn't even going to be used or they are going to redo it, and there went a few more dollars basically thrown away that we could be using to either expand our school or build a whole new high school.
What really bothers my dad is politics. He thinks that the mayors and even presidents just promise people things they will do to help out their citizens but don't do anything in the end. They trick people by promising things that gets our hopes up and end up changing their methods after they become president or mayor. He thinks the person running for office should just say what they will really do so we don't fall in their traps and end up regretting our choices.
I agree. The government should focus on the high school instead of the roads. When I walk around in school, I literally bump into about half the school trying to get from one side of the school to the other. They only expanded the school about once or twice, and that hasn't helped at all. The money going toward repairing roads should be used for the future of the country(us), although I understand that they are trying to make Round Lake look better, but it is affecting all of the students. Compared to other schools, RLHS is small and cramped and doesn't have a good teaching system.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the way your dad and you feel towards some of the issues Round Lake is facing. The way the money is being handled is definitely not the right way, for we are using the money for "physical" things rather than what we really need which is our education. That only goes to show that maybe education really is not one of Round Lakes priorities; which is wrong because I know many students including myself that value their education very strongly. Yes, your dad is very right on Round Lake not keeping their promises to some extent. If the promises were followed through with we as a community would be much better and stronger.
ReplyDelete