Hello everyone,
I asked my aunt about concerns she had about Round Lake and one of them was about the misuse of money or handling of money. She feels that money is being invested in other things when education should be a priority. There has been a lot of cancelling of programs or the absence of programs kids want at schools because of the lack of money. (I mean we don't even have a proper recycling program at school because it would cost money to get a recycling bins for all the classrooms). We get money for our schools when people represent the community and there seems to be a lack of that. Whether its that people aren't interested or are scared to do so it is somethig that should be fixed if we want a good education for our children.
An issue I have noticed the community faces is the abundance of negativity. People outside of Round Lake seem to look down at our community and we aswell fall into that negativity and give into what others say and see all its flaws as well.. For example at school sports the thought of loosing is always present just because we're Round Lake. And less and less people are graduating from high school that feeds into that bad image of our community. Like said earlier there may be a lack of representation and also a lack of parental involvement. But we can fix that if we actually try to help and change the community. We always complain but we don't do anything about it. We have to push to have better schools, both in structure and the education curriculum. If we "fight for" improvement we can do it. Yes our community isn't very appealing but there is good in it . We have to break this negativity.
I agree with the issue as to how our community of Round Lake is being shamed upon as having a bad reputation. Our school is one of the many flaws in our community according to the public. I feel that Round Lake is a growing community that will need some time to improve. You would never believe how many times I've heard negative comments regarding our sports team. I also agree on the misuse of money. Handling money can be a very tough, especially for community related projects. One example of this was our upcoming project to expand our school and make it look nicer. The project is discontinued due to the shortage of money. What other ways is the Round Lake community spending the money besides construction?
ReplyDeleteLizeth, I agree with you completely. Growing up, I never viewed Round lake as anything but great. As I got older, I participated in many organizations that worked closely with other towns such as youth cheer leading. I started to see people's reactions towards Round Lake and they were almost always negative. However, these reactions weren't always from other towns. Many times these negative reactions are from the people with in our town. If we can spark up the pride again here in Round lake, we could change the minds of the surrounding communities which in turn would influence our pride and it would soon become an everlasting cycle.
ReplyDeleteI also agree that our school does have a bad reputation but it is also our fault. Yes we may hear harmful comments about our community but we are the ones who should tell them that what they are saying is not fully true. We should be telling them the positive things about our community and not fall into the negativity of others. Yes at games there is negativity but it up to us to show them what we are capable of for our school and prove those people wrong.
ReplyDeleteI agree with our community having a bad reputation and it is upsetting that we just let the negativity continue and don't do anything to prove ourselves to the others and even encourage the people from our community to stop thinking negative about it also.
ReplyDelete